Back pain is the largest single cause of disability in the UK and is more likely to occur after an accident. We look into some simple ways to help relieve back pain after suffering an injury.
There are no strict rules when it comes to meditation, and something as simple as taking a few deep breaths can interrupt feelings of fear and worry, reconnecting with the senses and slowing thoughts down.. Here are some tips to get started.
Autonomic Dysreflexia is a condition which mainly affects those with spinal cord injuries and neurological conditions. Personal Truths discuss the importance of recognising the signs and symptoms of AD.
Did you know... stress is a silent killer and learning how to deal with it is crucial, especially after a life-altering injury? Read our tips on how to help manage stress.
Read more Health & well-being
- 28/06/18 - Boost your immune system with these foods
- 18/05/18 - Reach Your Potential – Part 2
- 16/05/18 - Reach Your Potential – Part 1
- 14/05/18 - 8 Mental Health Apps
- 11/05/18 - Complementary and alternative medicine explained
- 12/04/18 - Acupuncture: The benefits
- 12/04/18 - Everything you need to know about acupuncture
- 19/01/18 - Coping with a loved one’s recovery following brain injury
- 12/01/18 - A-Z of trauma symptoms
- 25/04/17 - The importance of a healthy work-life balance
- 24/03/17 - Positive advice for looking after your mental health
- 20/03/17 - Can superfoods help to heal?
- 16/02/17 - Complementary health